Reduce inflammation and joint pain with Bursa injections.
WHAT ARE BURSA INJECTIONS?
Bursa injections can help soothe joint pain caused by arthritis, bursitis and other painful inflammatory diseases. A bursa is a fluid filled sac that lubricates motion of muscle over bone, which can get swollen causing joint pain. The bursa injection delivers a steriod medication into the bursa to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT BURSA INJECTIONS:
- Non-surgical, minimally invasive procedure
- The procedure from start to finish typically takes less than two hours
- Patients can go home the same day as the procedure and most patients are able to go back to work the following day
- In some patients, injections can provide relief for up to six months
COMMON CONDITIONS TREATED BY BURSA INJECTIONS:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tennis and Golfer’s Elbow