FACET JOINT INJECTIONS
Diagnose and treat facet syndrome in the spine with Facet Joint injections.
WHAT ARE FACET JOINT INJECTIONS?
Facet joint injections are commonly used to treat facet syndrome. This minimally invasive treatment involves the injection of a steroid medication to the facet joints in the spine. It can be used as both a diagnostic and therapeutic tool for physicians to confirm that facet syndrome is the cause of the patient’s back pain. The medication used in the injection relieves both pain and inflammation in the affected joints, identified using X-ray guidance.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT FACET JOINT INJECTIONS:
- Benefits are both diagnostic and therapeutic
- Procedure typically takes no more than 30 minutes and is done on an outpatient basis
- Pain relief is generally felt within several days following the procedure
- Injections can be repeated for further pain relief up to three times per year, as determined by physicians
COMMON SYMPTOMS OF FACET SYNDROME:
- Dull Aches in the Lower Back Down to Buttocks
- Pain in the Shoulders, Neck and Back of the Skull
- Difficulty Twisting or Bending of the Spine
- Chronic Pain or Acute Pain Triggered by Movement