RADIOFREQUENCY ABLATION (RFA)
Achieve immediate pain relief with a minimally invasive Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) procedure.
WHAT IS RADIOFREQUENCY ABLATION (RFA)?
This minimally invasive pain treatment uses electrical currents produced by radio waves to heat small areas of the affected nerve tissue, decreasing pain in that specific area. When the radiofrequency waves ablate or “burn” the nerve it essentially eliminates the transmission of pain signals from that nerve to the brain. Used to help patients with chronic low back and neck pain often caused by the degeneration of joints from arthritis. Benefits of radiofrequency ablation include avoiding surgery, immediate pain relief, and little to no recovery time so patients can get back to life sooner.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT RADIOFREQUENCY ABLATION (RFA):
- Non-surgical, minimally invasive procedure
- Procedure takes less than two hours and patients go home the same day
- In some patients, RFA can provide relief for up to a year or more
- Patients typically experience immediate pain relief
COMMON CONDITIONS TREATED BY RADIOFREQUENCY ABLATION (RFA):
- Chronic Back and Neck Pain