SACROILIAC JOINT INJECTIONS
Find diagnosis and relief from lower back pain and Sciatica symptoms with a Sacroiliac Joint injection.
WHAT ARE SACROILIAC JOINT INJECTIONS ?
A sacroiliac joint injection is used to diagnose and/or treat low back pain and sciatica symptoms associated with sacroiliac joint dysfunction. The medication used typically involves a local anesthetic and an anti-inflammatory injected in or around the sacroilic joint in the lower back. The treatment can pinpoint sources of pain while simultaneously alleviating the discomfort. Sacroiliac joint injections are considered an effective way to reduce inflammation and provide pain relief for an extended period of time.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT SACROILIAC JOINT INJECTIONS:
- Non-surgical, minimally invasive procedure
- Benefits are both diagnostic and therapeutic
- Procedure typically takes no more than 30 minutes and is done on an outpatient basis
- For some patients, relief can last six months or longer
COMMON CONDITIONS TREATED BY SACROILIAC JOINT INJECTIONS:
- Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Dysfunction
- Traumatic Injury
- Chronic Lower Back Pain