Spinal Fusion in Newark, NJ
Oasis Orthopedic & Spine offers Spinal Fusion in Newark, NJ
Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion Treatments at Oasis Orthopedic & Spine in Newark, NJ
There are 5 types of that we do at Oasis Orthopedic & Spine in Newark, NJ. All Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion surgeries seek to connect two vertebrae in your spine to stop movement between them. This “connection” is achieved by inserting a spacer and a cage with a bone graft. This technique mimics the normal healing process to form a single bone. This type of procedure reduces or fully stops painful movement while restoring alignment and stability to your spine. It can also prevent further damage to nearby nerve, spinal cord, and other soft tissues.
Types of Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion treatments at Oasis Orthopedic & Spine in Newark, NJ include:
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF)
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion (XLIF)
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF)
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
Your Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion Plan at Oasis Orthopedic & Spine in Newark, NJ
At Oasis Orthopedic & Spine in Newark, NJ, we believe all non-surgical treatment options should be explored before resorting to surgical treatments. If your spine specialist has suggested a spinal fusions, your fusion process can include:
- Anesthesia so you do not feel pain
- A small incision to view the spine
- Inserting a spacer and metal cage with bone graft material
If you would like to learn more about Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion procedures at Oasis Orthopedic & Spine in Glen Rock, NJ, request an appointment below.