360 FUSION (ALIF & PLIF)
Gain stability and pain relief with this dual-side approach.
WHAT IS 360 FUSION (ALIF & PLIF)?
In this common procedure, surgeons fuse both the front (anterior) and the back (posterior) of the spine for patients with high degrees of spinal instability or needing revision surgery. Patients with these conditions typically are experiencing pain symptoms and find that after recovery the new-found stability alleviates much of their symptoms. Performed by two surgeons, the 360 degree fusion surgery takes approximately 2-5 hours and requires patients to stay 2-3 days in the hospital.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT 360 FUSION (ALIF & PLIF):
- Physical therapy and doctor-assigned exercise assist before and after surgery
- Recovery is typically faster than traditional open back surgeries
- Approaching both sides of the spine often allows for a more aggressive pain reduction
COMMON CONDITIONS TREATED BY 360 FUSION (ALIF & PLIF):
- Degenerative disc disease
- Fracture of the lumbar spine
- Post-discectomy syndrome
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR 360 FUSION (ALIF & PLIF)?
If you have symptoms that have not improved with physical therapy or other forms of conservative care and positive diagnostic results, you may be a candidate for this procedure.