Alleviate lower back and leg pain quickly with this minimally invasive procedure.
WHAT IS MICRODISCECTOMY?
A Microdisectomy is a procedure performed on those that experience long term low back, leg and sciatica pain due to a herniated disc. During this outpatient procedure, your surgeon will be removing the herniated portion of the spinal disc that is pressing on the affected nerve. Results can typically be felt immediately after this surgery.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT MICRODISCECTOMY:
- A Microdiscectomy is initiated through a small incision in your lumbar spine
- Your surgeon then inserts a small tube with a camera on the end to locate the damaged material and disc and then removes it
- Common surgical practice that yields the highest success in results
- Minimally invasive procedure with faster-expected recovery time
- Relieves both lower back and leg pain associated with sciatica
- Sometimes referred to as microdecompression or microdiscectomy
- Most patients go home same-day as procedure and fully recover with six weeks
COMMON CONDITIONS TREATED BY MICRODISCECTOMY:
- Herniated discs
- Bulging discs
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR MICRODISCECTOMY?
If you have symptoms that have not improved with physical therapy or other forms of conservative care and positive diagnostic results, you may be a candidate for this procedure.