Experience quick back pain relief with this minimally invasive procedure.
WHAT IS RHIZOTOMY?
A rhizotomy is a minimally invasive procedure effective in relieving chronic back and neck pain by severing nerve roots in the spinal cord. The surgery uses an electrified hot probe inserted at the sensory nerve just outside the joint to disable the nerve and prevent pain signals from reaching the brain. Facet injections are typically administered prior to a rhizotomy and can provide diagnostic information for your physician. Successful results from facet injections may indicate beneficial results from a rhizotomy. Improvement in back pain is often noticed quickly after the procedure and recovery within a few weeks.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT RHIZOTOMY:
- Minimally invasive procedure
- High success rates in relieving chronic back pain, muscle spasms, and spinal joint pain
- Facet injections are usual indicators of a patient benefitting from rhizotomy
- Pain relief can last up to a year and procedure can be repeated if necessary
COMMON CONDITIONS TREATED BY RHIZOTOMY:
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Back muscle spasms
- Spinal joint pain
- Degenerative disc disease
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR RHIZOTOMY?
If you have symptoms that have not improved with physical therapy or other forms of conservative care and positive diagnostic results, you may be a candidate for this procedure.